RESTAURANT MARKETING IDEAS FOR NOVEMBER
- RESTAURANT MARKETING IDEAS FOR ALL OF NOVEMBER
- FOOD ITEMS CELEBRATED IN NOVEMBER
- WEEKLY AWARENESS EVENTS IN NOVEMBER
- SINGLE DAY EVENTS FOR RESTAURANT MARKETING IN NOVEMBER
- WHY THERE ARE EVENTS NOT RELATED TO FOOD ON A RESTAURANT MARKETING LIST
- SINGLE DAY EVENTS
- GET YOUR FREE DIGITAL MARKETING FOR RESTAURANTS EBOOK
It’s almost the end of the year and some major holidays are just around the corner, now is a fantastic time to take a fresh approach to your marketing and highlight what’s on your menu.It’s not always easy to think of new ideas and approaches that will make your restaurant stand out from the crowd; you need content that’s going to showcase your menu, venue, vision and values that appeals to your existing guests and attracts new customers.
We’re here with a month-long list of events happening in November that you could take part in.
It’s important to remember though, not everything on this list will be appropriate for your establishment and getting involved in events that don’t give your brand value isn’t going to be a good use of time, if you mishandle it, then it could end up damaging your reputation which is the opposite effect you’re aiming for!
When thinking about what events to take part in you need to remember to:
1. Choose events that are relevant to your brand and menu, and don’t go against the values of your brand.
2. Understand what the event is about. Always take the time to do a bit of research before adding an event to your calendar – if you misunderstand the point of an event or use a hashtag inappropriately you could end up getting negative reactions, causing a scandal or damaging your reputation.
This list covers events taking place in November, some of them are national days (celebrated in the UK, US, Europe, etc) but it doesn’t really matter if you’re not in the hosting country; social media and digital platforms are connecting people across the globe.
Some of the items on this list might look a bit odd
at first glance, you might wonder why we’ve included them when they don’t
directly relate to cooking or specific ingredients but stay with us and we’ll
explain why they’re there a bit later on!
So, let’s get cracking with some fantastic ideas to boost your marketing potential over the course of the month.
Restaurant Marketing Ideas for All of November
- World Vegan Month
- Veg Pledge for Cancer Research UK
- Good Nutrition Month
Food Items Celebrated in November:
- Banana Pudding
- Georgia Pecan
- Peanut Butter
- Raisin Bread
Weekly Awareness Events in November
- UK Sausage Week (28th Oct – 3rd Nov)
- International Stress Awareness Week (4th – 8th)
- World Fair Trade Week (8th – 15th)
- Alcohol Awareness Week (11th – 17th)
- National School Meals Week (11th – 15th)
- Italian Cuisine Week (21st – 27th)
- Great British Game Week (25th – 1st Dec)
Why There Are Events Not Related to Food on a Restaurant Marketing List
As we mentioned at the beginning of this list, some of these events don’t have a connection to food, but they could still be useful for marketing your restaurant.
Let’s give you some fresh examples:
November 1st is National Career Development day in the US, but it’s a great opportunity for you as a business to showcase your venue. Telling people what you do, showing behind the scenes with your staff, and highlighting your values will enhance the credibility and trust in your business. Even if you’re not currently hiring, by building a solid foundation and highlighting the fantastic working conditions and operations of your business will encourage future job seekers to apply with you, and it shows your general audience (your paying customers) that you’re an ethical and outstanding venue that they can be happy spending their money with.
24th November is Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day – This is a brilliant opportunity to share some of the techniques that your restaurant utilises to make your dishes. Let people see just how talented your staff are, and how the food you create isn’t something that can be done easily at home – and you’re giving customers more reasons to come in and try the dishes for themselves.
Even location celebrations are a point for marketing if they’re relevant for your business, for example – if you serve a mean Mississippi Mud Pie, then celebrating National Mississippi Day on the 30th seems like a no-brainer!
When people are focused on a certain item, value or location, and it’s relevant to your business – then it makes sense to celebrate along with them.
Just make sure, that whatever dates you choose are relevant to your business, will add value to your strategy, and that you absolutely understand the meaning and usage of the hashtags or events!
What Should You Be Asking Yourself Before Adding the Dates to Your Schedule?
We’ve stressed this a few times, but it’s important so we’ll say it again – don’t spend your time on events or strategies that aren’t going to benefit your restaurant.
Your time is valuable, you want to make sure you spend it on events and promotions that are going to interest people and drive traffic to your venue.
When making your calendar choices, you need to ask yourself:
- Does the event fit with my establishment?
- Does it match my vision and values?
- Is there a good reason to celebrate this date?
- Will people understand why my venue can be associated with this event?
- Does the day highlight something about my business? (Menu, Venue, Staff, Brand, etc)
- Do I know what this event is really about and who it’s aimed at?
- Does this event have any problems or scandals associated with it that might hurt my brand?
- Will my customers be interested in this?
- Will my potential customers be interested in this?
After you’ve been through these questions, you’ll have a very good idea as to whether or not you want to add the date to your calendar.
If you’ve answered these questions and you’re still unsure, then you’ve already got your answer – no. Only spend your time on the things that are a good match for you and will enhance your business in some way (this doesn’t have to just be financial, it could also be building your reputation, getting more engagement, growing trust, etc).
If this all sounds a bit much, or you’re really not sure what’s going to benefit you the most, we’re here to help you out!
Our experts have years of experience in digital marketing, helping you determine your marketing return on investment (ROI), and providing the services that you specifically need to make the biggest impact with your budget.
Whether you need a one off campaign and ‘As You Need Them’ services, or a full ‘Done for You’ package, we’ve got the right tools, training, technique and the passion to serve up the best in digital marketing, website development, search engine optimisation (SEO), social media marketing and more. We even offer training and consultation packages to get your in-house team up to speed.
Book a call with us today and find out just what Virtual Solutions can do.
February 26, 2020
February 26, 2020
February 26, 2020